Mylie Gaudry fulfilled a dream when he purchased Fred’s Place, with his wife Evelyn, from Fred & Dorothy Vauthey in 1959. A few years later, he renamed the business Mylie’s Place Resort. The resort has been in the Gaudry family for all but 10 years since Grandpa purchase the property all those years ago. Grandpa Mylie passed away in November 2007, but the legacy he left behind will live on as long as the resort that carries his name continues to offer great fishing vacation opportunities on Lake of the Woods.
When the Gaudrys took over ownership of the resort again in 1992, it had been out of the family for 10 years and was badly in need of significant TLC. The first upgrade was done the following year in the form of a new sewer and septic system. Over the years, most of the existing cabins were stripped down to the bare studs so they could be renovated and upgraded inside. Once the insides were updated, the outsides were improved with vinyl siding. Maintenance and improvements have been made on a regular basis in the form of new beds, flooring, ceiling fans, cabinets, A/C units, etc. Docks have been built, repaired and maintained on a regular basis as well. A floating dock system was designed and installed early in the new millennium. The floating docks have been a wonderful upgrade. Floaters have been maintained and repaired on an ongoing basis. Replacing the majority of the now aged floating dock will begin in the 2020 season and continue until they all the older docks are replaced. We continue to monitor how they handle intense northeast winds to find the best and strongest way to anchor them when the winds blow directly into the resort.
We sincerely hope that your first trip to Mylie’s Place will find you wanting to continue enjoying the great Canadian experience that only Lake of the Woods can provide. Our goal has always been to provide the type of service and experience that will allow first time customers that may have arrived as strangers, to depart as friends and return as members of the Mylie’s Place Resort family.
What Does Mylie’s Place Resort Have to Offer?
Lake of the Woods is rarely a tough sell when it comes to fishing and hunting. It is one of the best known bodies of fresh water and one of the greatest natural fisheries in the world. Whether you are considering the 1 million acres of water, more than 14,000 islands or the 65,000 miles of shoreline, it’s sure to have something for every outdoor sportsman and sportswoman. We cater to every type of angler. Family trips, buddy trips, and father/son trips are just a few of the combinations we have had numerous times over the years. We have built Mylie’s Place so that it can be enjoyed by everyone; from the youngest members of the family to the oldest and everyone in between.
Some of the things you can expect from Mylie’s Place besides dedicated staff are:
- LAKE OF THE WOODS!!! Huge muskies, trophy pike, big walleyes, slab crappies, giant smallmouth, jumbo perch, lake trout, ducks, deer and some of the best scenery & nature viewing in the world.
- Super clean, well maintained, modern, light housekeeping cabins close to the lake with 2 and 3 bedrooms (2 twin beds per bedroom.)
- COMFORTABLE BEDS!!
- Air conditioning and microwave units standard in each cabin
- Stable floating docks with nearby electrical outlets that will always be the right level for you to easily and safely dock your boat during your stay.
- Premium dock bumpers on every boat slip to help keep your boat from scratches and dock rash (you should still bring your own for added protection.)
- Full hook-up RV sites for daily, weekly and some seasonal RVing.
- Rates in Canadian funds aimed at giving you the most VALUE possible for money spent.
- Boat storage (covered and not) for those making multiple trips and wanting to save wear and tear on your fishing rig and towing rig during the season.
- Parking available for when you are heading out on the lake.
- Full service boat launching from 8am to 9pm daily throughout the season.
- Full service at the dock for bait, gas, etc from 7am until 9pm daily during the season.
- Morson’s original premium gas retailer (non-oxygenated, 91 octane, no ethanol)
- Grocery items and many other things you may need or have forgotten are available from 7am until 9pm daily in the office.
- Playground structure for the kids; includes slide, climbing, swings, teeter totter.
- Excellent frog hunting opportunities around the pond.
- Use of pedal boat, canoe, horseshoes, board games.
- Fish cleaning house with stainless steel table, outlets for electric knives and freezer service.
- Wireless internet service available with a boosting antennae on the roof of the lodge.
- Quality Boat and motor rentals featuring Alumarinaeskiffs and 4-stroke Yamaha engines with electric start.
- Guide service can be arranged with advance notice.
- Great bird watching opportunities.
- Safe access to LOTW in almost all weather from our NE facing back bay location that is protected from prevailing westerly winds.
We would love to have you choose Mylie’s Place to host your trip to Canada.
We are confident that our first time guests will agree that we have somehow managed to be the best kept secret on Lake of the Woods for far too long.
Sincerely — Justin, Krista & Ellen