Passport Information


The simple answer is no. You don’t need a passort just to come to Canada, but that isn’t the full story.  You will need some form of secure identification to enter the USA , whether you’re an American citizen or a visitor.  Therefore, you will need a passport, passport card or some other acceptable type of ID to re-enter the USA upon your departure from Canada. 

The Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative went into full implementation on June 1, 2009. Please be aware of the requirements for re-entry into the United States and the options you have for securing the proper documentation. For those of you without a full passport and have no plans to fly out of the US and back in the near future, a PASSPORT CARD may be the best option for you. Please click the following link for more information: Passport Card Information. A passport card is significantly cheaper to purchase and will be valid for land entry ports. A full passport will still be required for all entry to the US via air travel. There are also other forms of secure ID (Nexus card, etc) that are available so please investigate which one is the best for you in your current situation.

Please note that CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 16 DO NOT NEED a passport or passport card.

A birth certificate will be sufficient for children until the age of 16.

Home Page

%d bloggers like this:
search previous next tag category expand menu location phone mail time cart zoom edit close